Operation Dirty Green – November Construction Update

For the last few months we’ve been saying “the brewery is finally coming together” – but for the first time ever, it’s now actually coming together.

Bar
The bar is finally finished. Fireman Dave poured 9 gallons of epoxy over this thing and it’s now ready to commence vigorous testing – hence the kegerator behind it. You may also notice that while modeling the bar, Brie had to put her purse on top of the bar. Don’t worry, we have a solution for that coming.

brie-bar

Wall
As some of you may remember from the build-out blog from our current brewery, there is a requirement that we separate the brewery from the tasting room with a wall. This time we decided to get fancy with it – and at the same time doubled its zombie defense rating from 10 zombies per minute to 20.

15-bbl-zombie-wall

Brewery Programming / Testing
The brewhouse control system is debugged and ready to go. It’s waiting for a completed steam system before we can do a full hot water test.

Steam System
15-bbl-steam-system

And don’t worry. The most important part of ANY steam system has also been installed.
steam-whistle

Compressed Air System
We installed a big air compressor to power the brewhouse horns. One might ask why one would need horns when one also has a whistle, but that’s just a stupid question.

The air compressor will also be used to power our keg washer and air operated valves on our brewhouse and fermentors.

Tasting Room Lighting and Fans
We finally ripped out the gross florescent lights that come with pretty much all warehouses and put some nice barn-style lights and fans in.
lights-and-fans

Glycol System Complete
The glycol system has been one of the most labor intensive jobs. The chiller unit had been sitting in our tasting room for nearly 6 months while we figured out where to put it – it’s now on the roof.

After we mounted the plumbing, each elbow and tee needed to be covered with an insulation casing and then filled with expanding liquid foam. This might sound hard, but it turned out to be really easy – thanks to the fact that Chris married a girl that has a really handy father who did all the work (thanks Fireman Dave).

We’re within weeks of our first brew and pretty soon you’ll start to see some of the tanks pulled out of our existing brewery and put into commission at the new facility. As soon as we get our final building and safety sign-offs we’ll start planning our grand opening.

We’re almost there!

Tags: , , , ,

2 Responses to “Operation Dirty Green – November Construction Update”

  1. Uncle joe says:

    All I can say is wow and congrats/best wishes going firward

  2. Dan Tavelli says:

    Looking good guys!

Leave a Reply